Monday, February 1, 2010

Morning blessings

I'm always awake and off to work way too early in the morning...before 6, while it's still dark and everyone in the house (including the dogs) are still fast asleep. The other morning after getting ready, I walked quietly downstairs to put my lunch together for the day. I try to be as quiet as humanly possible while I'm walking around the house, especially since Landon appears to have inherited mommy's "light sleeper" gene. Most of the time I manage to get out of the house while all is still silent and everyone is still asleep. By the time I walk downstairs, I usually feel I'm in the clear...since Landon's room is upstairs and on the complete opposite end of the house. That being said...as I was pulling things out of the fridge last week, I coughed quietly to myself. Thinking I'd heard something, I stopped for a moment to listen. "bless you," I heard from upstairs. I glanced at the clock...5:50...way too early...time to ignore him, stay quiet for a moment, and hope he goes back to sleep... "Bless you, Mominna," he calls again. Again, I ignore him. "MOMINNA! BLESS YOU! BLESS YOU! MOMINNA!" Now dad's awake too...I guess it's too late to go back to bed. "Thank you, Landon," I call upstairs. I'm not sure what was funnier, the fact that he was blessing me for a tiny little cough or that he wasn't going to be satisfied until I heard and thanked him. Yes, honey, you do bless me...more than you'll ever know :)

No comments: