Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Daddy's Work

It's only been a few days since summer break began, but they have been incredible. We haven't done anything extraordinary, but it's been so rewarding just being around in the mornings when he wakes up and getting to do everyday things together all day. We've gone on long walks, done a little grocery shopping, checked out books at the library, and played with the dogs. Yesterday, we even went to visit Daddy at work and had so much fun hanging out on the lawn outside his office. We blew raspberries at each other (note the lips in the picture), explored the sidewalk (we found dirt, sticks, and even dead bugs!), and played in the grass with a plastic spoon. We were full of giggles and smiles and Daddy was really excited that we came to see him. I'm pretty sure that when I have to go back to work at the end of the summer, it's going to be so much more difficult than when I went back the first time...For now, I'll try not to think about it and focus instead on what to do with the many more days we have together this summer!


2 comments:

K said...

What a great face. I love those little toofer smiles!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You are so right! He is such a boy! He is so photogenic. (I especially loved the 6 month pictures.) I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying motherhood! Have a great summer with him. You'll never be able to get those days back! Drina