Sunday, February 8, 2009

Camp


Landon and Spencer both got to join my 6th graders and me at last week's science camp, and we had a blast. This was the only way I was going to make it for our annual trip to Alliance Redwoods in Occidental, CA. There was no way I was ready to spend 4 days without him...thankfully Spencer was able to take some vacation time and come along. He was such an amazing daddy and took great care of him while I was fulfilling all of my "teacher" duties. Landon was mesmerized by the huge trees and the sounds of all of the animals as we packed him along with us on our daily hikes up the mountain. I carried him facing outward for the first time so he could take in all of the sights. At one point I noticed he became quite still and when I listened to him closely, I heard snoring! We had to turn him around so he could lay against me, and then we continued the hike. (See above pic.) In between hikes and meals, he LOVED hanging out in the lodge by the warm fire. He was the center of attention at all times, which he loved of course. My kids asked about him every time he wasn't with me, and wanted to be near me every time he was. I have such a thoughtful and caring group of 6th graders this year and am so blessed to have been able to get to know them better. Of the 4 years I've gone on this trip, this was one of the most successful...and I'm so thankful to Spencer for coming and being such a great daddy so that I didn't have to miss out on a week of my boy's life :) Thanks, Babe.

No comments: