Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yummy Tomato!

We planted a yummy salsa garden in our yard this year. Unfortunately, I seem to only be able to grow tomatoes...and LOTS of them! Then tend to grow wild and take over everything else I attempt to grow, in this case my peppers and jalepenos. Landon and I have been checking on the garden's progress and watching the tomatoes grow and grow and finally turn red. The other day we went out to pick one that had fully ripened. I intended to make myself a delicious tomato sandwich with it, but instead, Landon kept pointing to it saying, "dat, dat, dat?" I kept explaining to him that it was a tomato that we had grown but evidently that wasn't satisfying his curiosity. I finally pulled it off of the counter and handed it to him, thinking to myself that he was going to examine it as he often does with other things, and I was pretty sure that it would at some point wind up in his mouth. What I wasn't prepared for was that he was going to be able to take giant bites out of it (with only 2 teeth...on the bottom!) or that he was going to LOVE it! He was so funny to watch as he opened his mouth up wide, bit down, and slurped all the juices out of it. By the end, I couldn't believe how much he had eaten...and I guess I'll wait on that tomato sandwich.

No comments: