Monday, July 6, 2009

Baby Signs

Ok, so I may be a little biased, but I'm quite certain that Landon is a genius! :) A few weeks ago, he excitedly learned the sign for "milk". After he realized that the little movement of his hand held powerful meaning (as in, whenever he did the sign...he got a bottle of milk) it was like a lightbulb went off. He has been obsessively pointing at everything he sees and saying, "dat, dat" wanting to know what things are. He has also mastered 6 new signs! He is amazing me with how fast he picks them up. My favorite is the newest of them all, "frog". He has a favorite stuffed frog, and we've been modeling the baby sign (sticking your tongue out repeatedly) for him the past few days. Then I went into his room this morning and laughed at finding him sticking his tongue out super far as he snuggled his froggie :) I can't wait to keep teaching him more---the light in his eyes as he takes in new things is absolutely priceless.

No comments: